What are the available roles of a signer?
- Owner: Can edit, sign, and also manage signers. Staff member cannot be an owner.
- Signer: Requires both editing and signing. Staff member can be a signer.
- Supervisor: Only requires signing. No editing needed although allowed to. Can also manage signers (for V1: just view status of all signers of the document). Staff member cannot be a supervisor.
- Editor: A staff member who can edit a note (not required) but cannot sign.
- Viewer: A user that can view the document (through preview) but cannot edit nor sign.
What is the difference between an Owner and a Supervisor?
Only Owners have the following capabilities and stipulations:
- Delete a note in progress.
- The user cannot be removed from the document.
- Their role cannot be changed.
- Supervisors do not have the options that are listed above.
What status options are available?
- Not Edited: The provider has yet to make changes.
- Edited/Pending: The note has been edited, but the document is not yet ready to be signed.
- Ready to Sign: The document is ready to sign by provider.
- Signed/Pending: The user has signed the document.
How can you tell if a document is a multi-signer document?
- Multi-signer documents can be identified by the “Team” column of the list.
- Any document with the name “Team” indicates that it is a multi-signer document and you are required to sign the document.
- Documents which are not multi-signer will have "Self" listed under this column.